Apple Wants to be CO2 Neutral by 2030
Apple has announced new, stricter sustainability plans. For example, the company wants to be completely CO2 neutral by 2030, including the supply chain.
To achieve that goal, the tech company wants to reduce its CO2 emissions by 75 percent by 2030 and offset the remaining 25 percent of emissions.
This must be done with the help of ‘Dave’, a robot that disassembles old iPhones to reuse valuable and rare minerals and other parts.
According to Wired, such a robot can disassemble an iPhone completely in eleven seconds.
All iPhones, Macs and Apple Watches produced in the past year already contain recycled parts, according to Apple.